Phuket is an Island situated in the South of Thailand in the Andaman Sea.
You can either stay in Phuket, Krabi or Phang Nga Bay and visit the other places during the day, or even stay a night or two and come back, or not.
There are a lot of big Resorts around Phuket and if you are planning to relax by the beach you probably won’t even want to leave the Resort, but in case you do:
- Old Town
- Mai Khao Beach (the best)
- Bang Tao Beach
- Patong Beach ( where the bars are located)
- Kata Beach ( Club Med)
- Prompthep Cape Viewpoint
- Big Buddha
- Wat Chalong
- Soi Bangla (nightlife)
- Central Festival Mall
- Upside Down House (Kids)
- Scuba & Snorkeling
- Cooking Class
- Yoga & Meditation
- James Bond Island
- Phang Nga Bay (kayak around the Island)
- Hong Island
- Ko Phi Phi Island (Roundtrip from Phuket: 1000 baht – around 28 dollars)
- Maya Bay
- Similan Island (Must go but it depends on the weather and season)
- Tachai Island (North of Similan Island)
- Coral Island & Racha Island
- Bamboo Island
- Khai Island
Where to stay:
- Hotel Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
- Best Western Premier BangTao Beach Resort & Spa
- The Chava Resort
I stayed at the Marriott and loved it. It is located at the Mai Khao Beach.
They have really good restaurants, swimming pools and also a lot of other activities such as Yoga, Cooking Class, Thai Class, Gym, Spa, Thai Boxing.