Luang Prabang is the former Capital of Laos and it is a UNESCO World Heritage City.
It is a city surrounded by a wonderful patchwork of traditional Lao wooden houses and hints of European architecture, reminders of when Laos was part of the French Colony of Indochina.
- Alms Ceremony: Monks at dawn collecting alms from kneeling villagers and tourists, along Sakkaline Road near Wat Sensoukharam.
- Haw Kam: The Royal Palace
- Wat Xieng Thong: The oldest monastery in the city and the most beautiful
- Phou Si/Chomsy Hill: Great view of the whole city. Sunrise/Sunset spot.
- Vipassana Temple
- Wat Khili, Wat Sirimoungkhoun Sayaram, Wat Sop Sickharam
- Mekong River
- Night Market
- Hiking: Mount Phousi
- Zipline: Tad Sae Waterfalls
- Tad Thong Waterfall and Nature Trail
- Cooking Classes: Tamarind, The Terrace, Bamboo Tree
- Indigo House Hotel
- Mylaohome Hotel
- Les 3 Nagas Hotel
- Manda de Laos: Best one
- Joma Bakery Cafe
- Indigo Cafe
Outside Luang Prabang:
- Kuang Si Falls: 20.000 kip
- Tat Kuang Si Bear Rescue Centre
- Kuang Si Falls Butterfly Park
- Tad Sae Waterfall
- Pak Ou Caves: Situated along the Mekong River and can be reached by road (around 1h) or river boat (around 1h30). There are over 4.000 Buddha Statues.
- Visa on arrival – 36 dollars + 1 dollar for your picture (unless you bring one) or do it online